Monday 11 October 2010

Foundry Prussian horse artillery

Firstly the pictures are shocking. I forget how bad a photographer I am.
This horse artillery battery is the penultimate Prussian unit of my little army. It now comprises of: one line regiment (x3 battalions), one reserve regiment (3 battalions) one Landwehr regiment (x4 battalions), one foot battlery, one horse battery, hussars, dragoons, curiassiers, uhlans (saxon due to pretty uniform) plus regular and volunteer Jaegar. Just the Landwehr cavalry to go..............

Foot artillery command


Martin Kelly will weep but these are Foundry foot artillery painted to look like horse artillery. They are using French 8lbs they've acquired.


Howitzer.


Horse artillery command.


"I can see what you are doing you dirty little man..........."
All in I did an ok job but could have been better. I remember why I used to give my guns a gentle dry brish towards the end now.






6 comments:

  1. Very nice,
    Good to see your army coming together.
    We seem to be doing the same armies (Prussian, Russian and Bavarian) only mine are 15mm.

    What you doing now?
    cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luvverly! Not such a little army!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great figures - you don't see Prussian Horse Arty much nowadays. Nice job, particularly the basing.

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to look forward to seeing some photos of the your whole Prussian Army. Great looking figures.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you gents. Will endeavour to post pictures of the Prussians when they are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Roger, you've got me crying into my Prussian bier :-) But seriously, that's a lot of inventive use of the limited Foundry range of Prussians you've managed there.

    ReplyDelete